After being available for a little less than two years, Nintendo’s Miitomo game, its first to come to iOS, will officially shutdown on May 9th, 2018. Nintendo made the announcement in a statement, explaining that come May 9th, you won’t be able to use any of the app’s features…
In spite of the end, Nintendo will be offering daily login bonuses of Miitomo coins and game tickets, and other services such as the Miitomo shop will still be available until the end. However, after the end of service, anything related to Miitomo will no longer function, including Miitomo themed icons used in Super Mario Run for iOS.
The company says:
- If you launch the app after the end of service on 5/9, you’ll see a message informing you that service has ended. You will no longer be able to use any of the app’s features.
- You will no longer be able to see your answers or messages in the app.
- You will no longer be able to use items you’ve obtained in the app, such as clothing items, wallpapers, or posters.
- You can transfer your Mii™ character to your Nintendo Account by linking it to Miitomo. (Its personality and other information will not be carried over.)
- Sidekick Mii characters will be deleted. You can keep Sidekick Mii characters by saving them as a QR Code® before the end of service on 5/9/2018 12:00 AM (PDT). They can then be transferred to Mii Maker on the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems or the Wii U™ console.
- You will not be able to view Miifotos, including Miifotos you have shared to your social media channels. If you want to save any Miifotos, you must save them to your smart device before 5/9/2018 12:00 AM (PDT).
- Miitomo- themed icons and clothing items used in your Nintendo Account or the Super Mario Run™ game will not display after the service has ended.
Miitomo was Nintendo’s first game to come to iOS so its demise is somewhat notable. You can checkout our original hands-on with the game below and let us know if you’re upset by its shutdown in the comments.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.