Apple has released macOS 10.13.4 beta 3 for registered developers to test on compatible Macs. We’ll dig in to the new version and detail changes below.
- New Privacy explainer included in macOS
- 32-bit app warning starting now
- New ‘Ink Cloud’ wallpaper on all Macs, previously iMac Pro only
- Messages in the Cloud is opt-in on High Sierra, requires checking a box
- iBooks Mac app renamed Books to match iOS (iBooks Author is a Mac App Store app so it likely won’t change until the beta cycle ends )
New in Beta 3
• macOS Recovery over Wi-Fi is not supported on iMac Pros in macOS 10.13.4 beta 3. (37503394)
Workaround: User the built in Ethernet for macOS Recovery.Resolved Issues
- Fixed an issue that may result in system shutdown during installation of macOS 10.13.4. (36843839)
- Dragging URLs from the address bar in Safari to Finder now works correctly. (36895105)
- Fixed an issue that resulted in Safari stalling during video streaming. (37019360)
- Fixed an issue with App Store and iBooks that resulted in a “Cannot Connect to the Store” error. (37033819)
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the App Store not showing the password field during authentication. (37082239)
• Setting the services order may not work in Network Preferences Pane. (35918049) • Safari may randomly crash. (36904314) • Portions of the display may flicker on some devices. (37003292) • Cities added to Weather widget when not signed into iCloud may disappear. (36520283)
Workaround: Use startSecureConnection to establish a secure connection.Mac App Store
• Mac App Store may exit unexpectedly after agreeing to updated Terms & Conditions. (35495094)
Workaround: Relaunch Mac App Store.
• Messages may be unresponsive on launch. • All conversations may be missing. • Conversations may be slow to appear.