Whether you’ve just got a pair of AirPods or haven’t taken the time to customize the controls for the wireless earbuds yet, follow along for how to dial in their settings on Mac.
Whoosh! Screen Cleaner
Apple enhanced the customization options for AirPods about eight months after they were released. If you find yourself using the wireless earbuds with both iOS devices and your Mac, it’s handy to check out the settings on macOS.
Notably, the AirPods’ settings you select on Mac will stay fixed whenever you connect to it and are independent of the settings you have on your iOS devices.
How to customize AirPods settings on Mac
- Open System Preferences
- Click on Bluetooth
- Make sure your AirPods are connected to your Mac
- Click Options and customize your settings
You can alternately open Bluetooth settings by clicking the icon in the menu bar and then choosing Bluetooth Preferences.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iPhone: How to customize respond with text while receiving a phone call
- Mac: How to get the official Apple user guide for free
- iPhone & iPad: How to force quit apps
- Apple Watch: How to get the official Apple user guide for free
- iPhone & iPad: How to use Do Not Disturb for Messages
- Mac: How to delete a user on macOS
- iOS: How to leave a group iMessage
- iPhone & iPad: How to forget wireless networks