Whether you’re new to Apple TV, or just enjoy having the official user guide from Apple as a reference, having it on hand can be useful for yourself in addition to helping others.
Apple makes its official user guides available for free in digital formats. You can find physical copies from various third-parties ranging from around $10-$20 on Amazon, but the free official iBooks guides have some benefits.
Aside from being the official guides from Apple, these guides are updated over time as the company releases new software and changes come to Apple TV. Another big benefit is that iBooks are quickly searchable.
Apple TV: How to get the official Apple user guide
- Follow the corresponding link to the free iBook user guide for Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th Generation)
- You can download the free iBook user guide on Mac, iPhone, or iPad
- After clicking the link above, follow the prompts to download the free user guide with iBooks
On iPad and iPhone, you can swipe to turn pages, but don’t forget to tap the screen to use the table of contents, search, and bookmark features up top.
While it’s often handy to have these user guides downloaded to your iOS device or Mac, you can also use the web versions.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iPhone & iPad: How to change default search engine in Safari
- Mac: How to get the official Apple user guide for free
- iPhone & iPad: How to force quit apps
- Apple Watch: How to get the official Apple user guide for free
- iPhone & iPad: How to use Do Not Disturb for Messages
- Mac: How to delete a user on macOS
- iOS: How to leave a group iMessage
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.