Read receipts are great, however, sometimes it isn’t appropriate to have them enabled, for example when you have a business. Good thing Apple gives you the option to keep them on or off. And with iOS 11, you can toggle read receipts on a per-contact basis.
Follow along to learn how…
iPhone: How to enable or disable read receipts for iMessage
- Open up Settings. Scroll down to Messages.
- Either toggle Send Read Receipts on or off depending on what you prefer.
To change this on a per contact basis, fire up the Messages app and open up the message thread in question. Tap on the i on the top right, and then toggle Send Read Receipts.
Toggling read receipts for iMessage, especially on a per-contact basis can be super useful, especially if you have an over-attached friend who won’t quit messaging you.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iPhone & iPad: How to customize calendar settings
- How to use Light Mode for messages in Mail with Dark Mode on macOS Mojave
- How to customize Voice Feedback for Siri
- iPhone & iPad: How to customize Siri suggestions
- iPhone & iPad: How to customize keyboard shortcuts
- How to find Mac keyboard shortcuts
- iPhone & iPad: How to change language and region
- Mac: How to change your language and region