Whether you’re new to iPhone or iPad or just haven’t customized your calendar settings in a while, follow along below for how dial them in on iOS.
Whoosh! Screen Cleaner
Whenever you make a new calendar event on iPhone or iPad, either manually or with Siri, you can save time by making sure the default calendar, alert times, and more are customized to your preferences.
First, let’s take a look at default calendar and alert times, and then dive into a couple more customization options.
iPhone & iPad: How to customize calendar settings
- Open Settings and swipe down and tap Calendar
- Tap Default Alert Times to customize to your liking
- Tap Default Calendar to set it to your most used calendar
Additionally, you can tap on Siri & Search if you’d like to turn off the smart assistant from finding and suggesting calendar events in other apps. There’s also the ability under that section to keep calendar events from showing up on your Lock screen for those who prefer more privacy.
Another setting you can change is Time Zone Override. This will display event times based on a fixed location, even if you have changed locations.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to use Light Mode for messages in Mail with Dark Mode on macOS Mojave
- How to customize Voice Feedback for Siri
- iPhone & iPad: How to customize Siri suggestions
- iPhone & iPad: How to customize keyboard shortcuts
- How to find Mac keyboard shortcuts
- iPhone & iPad: How to change language and region
- Mac: How to change your language and region
- Mac: How to check battery status of Magic accessories