Leading up to the public release of the iPhone XS and Apple Watch Series 4 yesterday, there was a lot concern about whether or not shipments would arrive on time. While much of the concern was seemingly caused by a UPS error, some people still seemingly had their pre-orders delayed this year.
Late Thursday night, many iPhone XS and Apple Watch Series 4 pre-order customers noticed that UPS had adjusted delivery dates to Monday, September 24th. UPS customer service then suggested that the delay was due to Apple reaching its maximum shipping capacity through UPS for the day.
Thankfully, that delay turned out to be an error, with delivery times eventually readjusting themselves back to Friday, September 21st for most. Though, some pre-order customers took to Twitter to say their iPhone XS/Apple Watch Series didn’t actually arrive on Friday.
On release day itself, Apple sent emails to some iPhone XS and Apple Watch Series 4 customers who had requested in-store pickup. In the email, Apple said that “last minute logistical issues” were forcing it to delay pickups until a later date.
With all of the stress that seemingly surrounded this year’s iPhone XS and Apple Watch Series 4 launch day, we’re curious: were you able to get your Apple Watch Series 4 or iPhone XS pre-order on time? Take the poll below and elaborate down in the comments!
- Some iPhone XS & iPhone XS Max pre-orders potentially delayed until Monday, UPS indicates
- Apple Store POS and pickup system seeing downtime nationwide
- New Suzhou and Eastview Apple stores open to iPhone XS and Apple Watch Series 4 customers
- iFixit teardown of iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max finds a few differences from the X
- Apple shares photos of customers trying and buying iPhone XS & Apple Watch Series 4
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.