Live Photos and videos are fundamentally different. However, there are times where you want to take a small snippet of a video and make it a Live Photo for the sole purpose of setting it as a wallpaper. While Apple doesn’t currently offer a solution, there are third-party solutions. Follow along to learn how to convert a video into a Live Photo…
For the most part, Live Photos posted to the web are converted into a static image, which is unfortunate. This will likely never change due to Live Photos being a proprietary Apple technology.
How to convert a video into a Live Photo on iPhone & iPad
- Go to the App Store and search for IntoLive and download the app.
- Launch the app and give it Photos access.
- Tap on the video you’d like to convert.
- Edit the video however you’d like (trim, color correction, rotation, etc.) and then tap Make on the top right.
- If you’d like to make the Live Photo repeat more than once, go ahead and do that (paid), otherwise, tap No repeat.
- Give it a few seconds to create and then tap Save Live Photos on the bottom.
Boom. Now you have created a Live Photo by converting it from a video.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to set multiple timers on HomePod
- How to use iPhone with multiple Apple Watches
- How to use Wi-Fi with Airplane Mode on iPhone
- How to turn off government alerts on iPhone
- How to check Apple Watch battery life
- How to find out which Apple Watch model you have
- How to identify and remove outdated Apple Watch apps
- How to add custom email signatures on iPhone and iPad
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.