Looking to spice up your iPhone wallpapers? Follow along for how to make use of animated Live wallpapers on iPhone.
Live wallpapers offer an animation effect for iPhone 6s and later (excluding iPhone SE). Keep in mind that even if you set a Live wallpaper to both your Home screen and Lock screen, the animation will only be available on the Lock screen with a firm press.
Beyond the stock Live options that you’ll see in settings, keep in mind you can use Live Photos that you’ve taken as well for a more personal touch.
How to use Live wallpapers on iPhone
- Open Settings
- Swipe down and tap Wallpaper, then Choose a New Wallpaper
- Choose Live and make your pick
- Tap Set to apply that wallpaper to your Lock screen, Home screen or both
Here’s how the process looks:
Choose Live on the right hand side as shown in the first image below, or choose from your own Live Photos. Make sure Live Photos is highlighted once you’ve picked a wallpaper as shown in the far right image below.
You can tap and hold your screen to see the Live wallpaper in action.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to request your personal data from Apple
- How to customize low heart rate notifications on Apple Watch
- How to check iPhone storage
- iPhone time limit: How to set a time limit for a specific app on iOS 12
- How to convert a video into a Live Photo on iPhone & iPad
- How to use iPhone with multiple Apple Watches
- How to use Wi-Fi with Airplane Mode on iPhone
- How to turn off government alerts on iPhone
- How to check Apple Watch battery life