Wondering if you’re running low on available storage space on your iPhone? With great cameras that can capture high quality images and even 4K video, and all the other things iPhone can do it can be easy to max out your device’s capacity. Follow along for how to check iPhone storage.
Whoosh! Screen Cleaner
iPhone’s don’t offer memory card slots to help expand your smartphone storage. You can use solutions like Sandisk’s iXpand iPhone/iPad flash drive for around $20, but they aren’t anything you’ll want to use permanently.
Let’s take a look at how to check iPhone storage to see how much space you have available and how to free up some room as well.
How to check iPhone storage
- Open Settings
- Swipe down and tap General
- Select iPhone Storage
Here’s how the process looks:
You can tap on your apps to see more details about the storage they are using:
Some apps will give you the option to delete data directly from Settings, like Safari shown above. For others, you may need to go to the app itself to delete content.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iPhone time limit: How to set a time limit for a specific app on iOS 12
- How to convert a video into a Live Photo on iPhone & iPad
- How to use iPhone with multiple Apple Watches
- How to use Wi-Fi with Airplane Mode on iPhone
- How to turn off government alerts on iPhone
- How to check Apple Watch battery life
- How to find out which Apple Watch model you have
- How to identify and remove outdated Apple Watch apps