As the new Retina MacBook Air with its updated I/O start arriving to customers today, LaCie is out with its new portable USB-C SSD to offer durable, fast, and reliable storage.
Aimed at creative professionals who are on-the-go, the new LaCie portable USB-C SSD comes in 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB flavors starting at $115. It features up to 540MB/s read and 500MB/s write speeds via USB 3.1 Gen 2. It also includes both a USB-C and USB-C to USB-A cable.
LaCie says the portable USB-C SSD can “transfer one hour of 4K 30fps video footage in less than one minute and store up to 65 hours of 4K 30fps video or 20,000 RAW photos” on the 2TB version.
The company says it also works great to edit content directly from the portable USB-C SSD.
It is also a great alternative to serve as a scratch disc — allowing users to edit content directly off the LaCie Portable SSD, freeing up valuable workstation resources or serving as the perfect shuttle drive to quickly transfer files from capture devices on-set back to the studio.
- Pre-formatted exFAT for Apple® macOS® and Microsoft® Windows® compatibility
- LaCie Toolkit Software Suite
- Designed for on-the-go workflow with drop resistance of up to two meters
- A three-year limited warranty
- Three-year Seagate Rescue Data Recovery Plan
- One complimentary month of the Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps plan
- USB-C and USB-C to USB 3.0 cables included
- Review: SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD – fast enough for 4K workflows [Video]
- Review: Samsung T5 external SSD – a worthy, faster follow-up to the T3 [Video]
- Review: Lacie Rugged RAID Pro – primed for on-the-go SD Card backups [Video]
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.