Made up your mind to cancel Apple Music? Read on for how to cancel your Apple Music subscription in five easy steps. We’ll also look at how to pay less for the service if you’d like to keep it, but not at the standard price.
Whether you don’t want to pay for Apple’s streaming music service after your free trial ends, or have decided to switch to Spotify, Pandora, or another option, you can cancel your Apple Music membership right from your iPhone.
However, if getting access to Apple Music at a discount might change your mind, check out our tutorial on taking advantage of student and family plans, as well as how to leverage discounted iTunes gift cards and the yearly payment option to save some cash.
How to cancel your Apple Music subscription
- Open Apple Music and tap the For You tab at the bottom
- Tap your profile picture in the top right corner
- On the Account page, swipe down and tap View Apple ID
- Swipe down and tap Subscriptions
- Tap Apple Music Membership and select Cancel Subscription, tap Confirm to finalize the cancellation process
Here’s how the process looks on iPhone:
Now swipe down and tap on Subscriptions, then choose Apple Music Membership.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How much individual, family, and student Apple Music plans cost and how to pay less
- How to unpair Bluetooth devices on iPhone and iPad
- How to check your Apple Watch trade-in value
- How to download Flickr photos, albums, and videos
- How to check your Mac trade-in value
- How to restore specific files/folders with Time Machine on Mac
- How to check your iPad trade-in value
- How to create a multi-room AirPlay 2 experience on iPhone and iPad
- How to check your iPhone trade-in value
- How to use dark mode with Apple Books on iPhone and iPad