Considering changing your streaming music service or signing up for the first time? Follow along as we break down how much Apple Music costs along with details about the family plan, student discount, carrier deals, and how to pay less for the service.
Apple Music is the company’s streaming music service that offers users access to 50 millions songs. The service allows users to download albums and tracks to devices for offline playback on iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and more.
Apple Music is especially worth considering for those tied into the Apple ecosystem with great Siri support, the option to follow what friends are listening to, a seamless HomePod experience, and more.
In addition to the various plan costs below, we’ll look at a couple of ways to pay less than the sticker price for Apple Music.
How much does Apple Music cost?
- $9.99/month or $99/year for individuals
- $14.99/month for families (up to 6 users)
- $4.99/month for college students
- Some unlimited plans with Verizon include Apple Music at no cost
Here’s a breakdown of the features included with each plan:
How to pay less for Apple Music
- Keep an eye on 9to5Toys to pick up a 15%-20% discounted iTunes gift card
- Stack the gift card savings with the cheaper yearly price of Apple Music to save an extra $20 with individual plans ($99/year vs. $120/year)
- For family and student plans, you can still use discounted gift cards to pay for Apple Music
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to unpair Bluetooth devices on iPhone and iPad
- How to check your Apple Watch trade-in value
- How to download Flickr photos, albums, and videos
- How to check your Mac trade-in value
- How to restore specific files/folders with Time Machine on Mac
- How to check your iPad trade-in value
- How to create a multi-room AirPlay 2 experience on iPhone and iPad
- How to check your iPhone trade-in value
- How to use dark mode with Apple Books on iPhone and iPad
- How to add HomeKit support to your webOS TV with HomeBridge and iOS 12.2
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.