Beginning in March, Apple will offer a unique collection of Today at Apple sessions in select retail stores around the world to celebrate International Women’s Day 2019. The series, titled “Made by Women,” highlights creative achievements by and for women in various creative disciplines.
Like all Today at Apple events, the sessions celebrating International Women’s Day are free to attend as space allows. It’s recommended that you sign up ahead of time on Apple’s website or the Apple Store app if you’re interested in joining.
Following in the footsteps of last year’s special sessions, 2019’s event calendar features performances, discussions, labs, and more hosted by artists and entrepreneurs with fresh perspectives to share. This year, Beats 1 DJ Julie Adenuga will also chat with vlogger Rhea Ellen in London to offer tips on public speaking and creative expression.
International Women’s Day, held annually on March 8th, was formed with the goal of empowering women and promoting gender parity. Apple will also offer a special Apple Watch Activity Challenge to mark the day, encouraging users to complete a 1 mile walk, run, or wheelchair workout.
Below, we’ve compiled the full event calendar of sessions hosted around the world. More sessions may be added in coming days. You can also check to see what’s available in your area on Apple’s website.
Apple Union Square, San Francisco
- March 6th – Design Lab: Mapping Your Best Life with Zakiya Harris
- March 7th – Design Lab: Framing and Recording History with CCA
- March 9th – Music Lab: Songwriting Essentials with Jaylen Green
Apple Third Street Promenade, Santa Monica
- March 9th – Photo Lab: Taking Authentic Portraits with Zorah Olivia
- March 9th – Photo Walk: Exploring Alternate Histories with Maj Hasager
Apple Michigan Avenue, Chicago
Apple Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- March 6th – Music Lab: Creating Beats and Mixtapes with DJ Olivia Dope
- March 7th – Music Lab: Producing and Remixing Tracks with DJ Miss Milan
Apple Regent Street, London
- March 5th – Video Lab: Music Video Trailers with Shan Brown
- March 6th – Exclusive: Powering Diversity with The Other Box
- March 7th – Video Lab: Inspiring Women on Film with Eloise King
- March 8th – Exclusive: Poems and Positivity with Telixia Inico
Apple Covent Garden, London
- March 4th – Exclusive: Shaping a Sound with Serine Karthage
- March 5th – Art Lab: Gender-Neutral Portraits with He.She.They.
- March 6th – Video Lab: Crafting Showreels with Fenn O’Meally
- March 7th – Exclusive: Finding Your Voice with Julie Adenuga
- March 8th – Music Lab: Craft a Compelling Track with Phildel
Apple Champs-Élysées, Paris
- March 5th – Art and Design Lab: Offset Drawings with Anna Wanda Gogusey
- March 6th – Video Lab: Creating Visual Effects with Diane Sagnier
- March 7th – Photo Lab: Portraits in B&W with Charlotte Deregnieaux
- March 10th – Music Walk: Your Urban Soundtrack with Inès Mélia
Apple Piazza Liberty, Milan
Apple Orchard Road, Singapore
- March 8th – App Lab: Design an App with Homage
- March 9th – Art Lab: Translating Emotions into Art with Marina A
- March 10th – Coding Lab for Kids: The Power of Code with Steph Law
Apple Dubai Mall, Dubai
- March 1st – Art Lab: Animation Techniques with Mouza Al Hamrani
- March 2nd – Music Lab: Songwriting with Shébani
- March 5th – Exclusive: Diverse Expressions with Female First Sessions
- March 9th – Exclusive: Live Podcast with When Women Win
Apple Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.