Every once in a while, you have probably went to watch a YouTube video on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and been shown an “owner has not made this video available on mobile” pre-roll message or error. Normally, you might have to accept defeat and resort to your desktop to watch the video.
Mobile Safari on iOS 8 has a new Request Desktop Site feature, however, that allows you to bypass this YouTube message and watch the video directly on your iOS device. Follow these simple step-by-step instructions on how to Request Desktop Website using Safari on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch:
- Step 1: Navigate to the YouTube website through Safari on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Step 2: Tap on the Address Bar where YouTube.com is displayed.
- Step 3: Swipe down on the Bookmarks screen that appears.
- Step 4: Tap on Request Desktop Site.
- Step 5: You can now view videos that are not available on mobile.
Let us know if this trick works for you in the comments section below. Feel free to share any other Safari tips and tricks that you know.