While it might make more sense for iPhone 6 & 6 Plus users that want the Android Lollipop experience to simply purchase an actual Android device, a new theme has been released that makes it possible for the iPhone to at least look like it is running a stock version of Google’s latest mobile operating system. The only caveat is that you must have a jailbroken device based on the iOS 8 untethered jailbreak Pangu.
Given that it is impossible to fully install the Android Lollipop operating system on the iPhone, since the smartphone is limited to Apple’s own iOS software platform, downloading and installing this theme is as close as you’ll get. Simply follow these step-by-step instructions below on how to get the Android Lollipop theme on an iPhone 6 & 6 Plus running iOS 8. The theme is also compatible with the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s.
The step-by-step instructions for how to install the theme are as follows:
- Download the Android Lollipop theme from MediaFire.
- Unzip the contents of the ZIP file and place the appropriate .theme folder into /var/db/stash/.xxxxx/Themes via an SSH program like iExplorer or Cyberduck.
- Download WinterBoard from Cydia if you have not done so already.
- Open WinterBoard and tap on the Android Lollipop theme to activate it.
- Respring your iPhone and the new theme should appear across your device.
- Place widgets and other additional elements or components of the theme in their respective directories.
- -theme folders go into: /var/db/stash/.xxxxx/Themes or your usual Theme Location, key thing is it’s /stash/.xxxxx/Themes
- -CalIcon and CalIcons folders go into /Library (respring to set changes
- -Widgets go into /var/mobile/Library/iWidgets
- -Assets.car go into /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/Artwork.bundles/ (You’ll be replacing the stock Apple Asset.car, so create a backup before you replace the file!)
- -Apple@2x.png goes into /var/mobile/Library/CustomFolderIcons (Have a folder named Apple)
- -Wallpapers, well I dunno how you’d get them, maybe iFunbox in its Quick Toolbox
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.