BBC News Stories January 21, 2015
BBC News Stories July 18, 2014
The European Commission has complained that Apple is taking too long to implement protections for freemium games in the App Store, reports BBC News. The Commission has decreed that both Apple and Google, the two biggest app store vendors, must make the “true cost of apps” clear before purchase. However, officials are upset that Apple has not yet committed to any such measures.
“Regrettably, no concrete and immediate solutions have been made by Apple to date to address the concerns linked in particular to payment authorisation,” the Commission said in a statement.
“Apple has proposed to address those concerns. However, no firm commitment and no timing have been provided for the implementation of such possible future changes.
BBC News Stories December 10, 2012
Square Register version 2.5: Square is rolling out Passbook compatible gift cards for local businesses that users of the Square Wallet iPhone app can purchase and share with friends. To welcome the new feature, Square’s Register app also gets an update with the ability to accept the new gift cards via Square Wallet, Passbook, or QR code, as well as iPhone 5 support:
– Accept gift cards for your business from Square Wallet, Passbook and printed QR codes. – iPhone 5 support and various improvements.
Instagram: Instagram has released a pretty big update to its app this afternoon, adding a revamped camera and camera roll access. Additionally, there are new grids for easy photo taking, new filter access page, and the addition of Foursquare data.
- Instagram-themed shutter & shutter release button.
- A preview of the most recent photo on your camera roll.
- Improved Camera Roll image selector (iPhone 5 only) for quick access to your last photograph.
- Optional grid guide for live photos and a permanent grid guide for the scale & crop screen.
- Speed and reliability improvements.
BBC News version 1.7.7: Official iPhone 5 support for the BBC News iOS app:
– iPhone 5 support – bug fixes
British Airways version 4.0: A big update to the BA iPhone app brings a completely redesigned UI that provides easy access to upcoming flights from the My Flights screen, as well as improvements for retrieving bookings and alternative boarding pass options. The updated app is also now fully iPhone 5 and iOS 6 compatible.
We’ve completely redesigned the app to make it easier to access all your upcoming flights and to address a number of issues
Snapheal version 2.1: Snapheal for Mac received an update today that includes a new and improved UI, a new crop tool, a “new algorithm for image retouch and adjust,” and much more:
– Brand new look and improved user experience, including 1 click to erase objects, faster selection, better way to save and share images, etc. – New crop tool – New algorithm for image retouch and adjust: faster performance, better color processing – Enhanced lasso tool – Improved algorithms for erasing multiple objects – New clone&stamp tool, with better customization of brush opacity and softness
Instamac version 1.1: The recently launched Instamac Instagram client for Mac receives a ton of UI refinements, full Retina display support for Retina MacBook Pros, improved slideshow features, and more.
-We’ve spent a lot of time going through each and every user interface element to make Instamac the most elegant Instagram Client for the Mac.