Apple only the 16th best tech company to work for, say employee reviews
Based on over half a million reviews written by employees, Apple took 35th place, with fifteen tech companies ahead of it in the list, with Twitter taking the top tech slot, and LinkedIn and Facebook completing the top three.
- Creative (Apple Store): It’s busy. All. The. Time.
- Packaging Engineer: High stress, long hours, too much security.
- Genius: Difficult to move up. Interactions with customers can be trying. Understaffed and overworked. Hours can feel long and are inconvenient to a proper work life balance.
- Mac Specialist (Apple Store): Hard to internally grow into management. Too touchy-feely at times. Managers pulled in too many directions.
- Front End Engineer: Long hours during project launches and work/life balance takes a backseat at some points.
- Apple Solutions Consultant: You have no authority to make any real decisions but you are still required to make them.
- Senior Network Engineer: People always watching you. There are people that want to put you down. No respect for contractors. Tough work.
- Manager: Expect to deal with a lot of ambiguity and shift gears in the dark. Some in-between senior management are a disappointment.
Apple was, however, rated for offering “great pay at a highly admired company,” offering a “diverse set of challenges and products to work on” and having “many opportunities for career growth, technically and managerially.”