We’ve just been handed some internal AT&T information on device changes:
A new tier of device will be created in AT&T’s phone database on October 4th (a Tuesday:) which will require a higher rate of insurance. iPhone (and other devices) will move there on the arbitrary October 4th date. It is curious that the iPhone was mentioned specifically and not other devices.
While light years away from a new iPhone launch date confirmation, it could be a sign that new iPhones will hit AT&T in this timeframe.
In any case, it might be a good idea to buy insurance before that date as the monthly prices are going up.
- Apple prepping major iPhone revamp for 2012 with “new way of charging the phone” (9to5mac.com)
- Energizer PowerSleeve for iPhone 4 for $30 + $3 s&h (9to5toys.com)
- Analyst predicts Sprint iPhone by Christmas 2011, here’s why you should care (9to5mac.com)
- Next iPhone: Glass back or not? (9to5mac.com)
- AT&T adds iPhone to standard wireless insurance program (9to5mac.com)