Vonage has released a new application for the App Store called Time to Call. The application is free to download and offers low-cost international calling to users. Vonage is currently offering free 15 minutes of calling to early adopters of the application but after those 15 minutes the cost of calling is still very cheap. Vonage says a user can talk for 15 minutes with a person in one of 100 countries and will only be charged up to $1.99 for those 15 minutes.
• Pay per call and talk for up to 15 minutes to 100 countries for $1.99 or less (excluding applicable taxes)
• For an additional 90+ countries, talk up to 15-minutes for $2.99 to $9.99 (excluding applicable taxes)
• Bill directly to your iTunes account
• Works on Wi-Fi® worldwide
• Also for use on high quality 3G networks in the U.S. and Canada
• Special bonus! For a limited time, unused minutes can be used for additional calls
• No need to be a Vonage home customer
Additionally, a separate set of 90 countries costs from $2.99-$9.99 for those same 15 minutes. Vonage offers a web-based tool to find prices for you’re calling needs. The application is open to anyone with an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad – users do not have to have a Vonage home account already setup. Finally, and perhaps most important, the aforementioned costs will be billed through iTunes.
Yep. Apple gets 30% and is now in the telecommunications market officially.
Check out more screenshots of the application running on an iPhone after the break.