Snapseed for iOS is among the indispensable image editing apps for avid photographers on the go. With a vast selection of professional-grade filters and cool effects, its attractive user interface and editing tools such as Grunge, Vintage and Drama, no wonder Apple named Snapseed the iPad App of the Year 2011 in its annual iTunes Rewind 2011 selection.
The Mac version brings all these features and more on your desktop, featuring tools such as Auto Correct and Selective Adjust for precise editing. You can quickly touch up photographs in low-light conditions and adjust the white balance, saturation and contrast, add various image borders, crop, straighten and rotate your images, apply a bunch of filters and special effects and share your work on Facebook and Flickr.
If you enjoyed FX Photo Studio Pro for Mac (review), this one is a must-have. Snapseed is a $20 download from the Mac App Store. The program supports both Mac OS 10.6.8 and 10.7.2. Nik Software, the company behind Snapseed, also announced it will “soon” port the program to Tegra-powered Android tablets running Ice Cream Sandwich. Surprisingly enough, Nik Software plans to price Snapseed for Android at just $5. The full press release notes are available after the break:
• Easily adjust your photos with the Tune Image filter, now featuring Auto Correct and Selective Adjust for precise editing
• Experiment with fun & innovative filters like Drama, Vintage, Grunge, and Tilt & Shift
• Add Image Borders for a finishing touch
• Share your creations via email, Facebook and Flickr
• Mac OS 10.6.8 and 10.7.2
• JPEG, TIFF (in RGB color mode), and RAW file formats
• Tune Image – Easily browse and adjust your photos with a single click using Auto Correct, tweak your photos to perfection with Tune Image or selectively adjust specific areas of them with revolutionary Control Points. Use Ambience to create depth and vibrancy that uniquely adapts to colors and textures. Adjust White Balance, Saturation, Contrast, more.
• Crop, Straighten & Rotate – Rotate 90° and/or straighten photos and easily crop images to remove distracting parts of your photo. Now includes standard aspect ratios.
• Black & White – Get that classic Black and White look with this darkroom-inspired filter.
• Vintage Films – Make any photo look like a vintage color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s.
• Drama – Add style with a custom effect specifically tailored to your photos.
• Grunge – Give your photos a totally unique, hip, and dingy look.
• Tilt & Shift – Create the classic compressed depth of field look of a miniature set or emulate the swings and tilts of a large format camera.
• Details – Enhance details with traditional sharpening or the unique Structure control found in the Nik Software professional products.
• Center Focus – Draw attention to the subject of your photo by blurring the surrounding background.
• Organic Frames – Add stylized borders to photos for the perfect finishing touch.
• Email – Send images at original resolution.
• Social – Share on Facebook and Flickr.