According to a report this evening from Finnish pub SK24, a 17-year-old Finn named Henri Helminen was carrying his iPhone in his back pocket (stick with us here) when it spontaneously started smoking in a big way. We all know Lithium batteries can— if something is wrong— explode or behave like in the video. But, usually there has to be some major malfunction. An Australian man’s iPhone blew up recently, but it was traced to a poorly done third-party repair.

This is a little too close to Nokia’s headquarters for us to believe off the bat. We will continue to follow the story to see what has happened.

Video of the exploding iPhone below:

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s