Image credit: AllThingsD
Word is coming out of the court room that the jury in the San Jose-based Apple versus Samsung trial has reached a verdict. The result is yet to be announced, but we should find out shortly. Stay tuned to this post for more information as it develops.
- The Verge is inside the court room and shares that “Apple lawyer Michael Jacobs is smiling.”
- The Verge also says that the verdict was reached at 2:35 PM.
- Photo of camera crews outside of the court room waiting for reactions.
- Samsung has asked for 30 minutes to review the verdict.
- Review the case:
- Judge Koh is reviewing the verdict forms.
- Verdict may need to be edited by jurors if there are errors (via CNet).
- Samsung and Apple are going to both review the verdict (@reckless)
- Jury is in the court time (@jonfortt)
- Judge is explaining the process to the jurors, foreperson is juror number 1 (@jonfortt)
- First claim: Samsung is guilty on all products.
- Samsung guilty on bounce back.
- Samsung infringes on pinch to zoom on all but three devices.
- Apple’s patent for iPhone’s front surface violated on all but one phone.
- Two Samsung phones violated the back of the iPhone.
- Samsung violated with all phones on the iPhone home screen patent.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab design does NOT INFRINGE the Apple iPad’s design, per the Jury.
- Jury says Apple patents were willfully infringed by Samsung (5 out of 7 places).
- Jury finds that all of Apple’s patents ARE VALID.
- Damages to Apple $1,051,855,000
- iPhone 3G, 3GS, and 4, iPad and iPod touch don’t infringe any Samsung patents.
- AAPL up: 670.90 +7.68 (1.16%)
- Apple has to pay Samsung $0
- Apple has infringed no Samsung products.
- AAPL up: 672.75 +9.53 (1.44%)