Bad Piggies: Rovio’s Bad Piggies doesn’t arrive on iOS and Mac until September 27th, but today we get our first look at the game in the first gameplay trailer above (via TechCrunch). The game takes place in the Angry Birds world, but appears to be quite a different experience. Check out the full trailer above.
Netflix version 2.3: The Netflix iOS app for iPhone and iPad was updated today with a slightly updated UI and “Varied improvements on playback, AV sync, subtitle handling.” Netflix explained the new UI in a blog post and posted a video of the new experience (above):
At the top of the new browse screen on iPhone and iPod touch is a row that lets you continue watching shows or movies that you previously started watching right where you left off, a very handy feature. Lower down in the new experience are several personalized rows filled with movie and TV show recommendations…Tapping the browse menu gives you access to an extensive list of genre galleries that show even more titles organized into categories. Parents–like me–will really appreciate the children and family gallery with many titles organized by age… A simple tap on any title presents all of the information for that title and a double-tap on any title starts instant playback.
Shazam: Shazam announced on its website today that it is updating its iOS apps to allow users in the U.S. to use it as a “TV companion app” to tag TV shows and get access to cast information, sports scores, featured music and more.
Starting today, when people in the U.S. use the Shazam App while watching television, they have a fast and easy way to access:
- Featured music – Shazam has leveraged its rich music history and its 20+ million track database to identify the music featured in whatever people are watching
- Cast information – the app will list the cast featured in the program, guest stars, as well as other shows they’ve been in
- Trivia – fans can learn more about their favorite program and even read about the occasional goofs with the trivia feature in the app
- Celebrity buzz – gives fans all the latest gossip about the show and the stars in it
- Social sharing – live Twitter feeds as well as commenting in the app makes it fun to talk with your friends about what you’re watching
- More information – convenient links to show-related information at IMDB, Wikipedia, and the official site for the show.
Additionally, different types of programming will feature different results. For instance, sports events will include stats, scores and schedules instead of cast information.
OmniFocus version 1.6: Both the iPhone and iPad editions of the OmniFocus task management app received a huge update today that includes support for TextExpander touch, Reminders Capture for devices running Siri, and full support for iOS 6.