TweetDeck version 2.0.0: Popular Mac App Store Twitter client TweetDeck gets a big update today that brings a revamped UI with “Improved clarity of columns and Tweets”, the ability to change font sizes, and redesigned profile panels with images. The updated app, which includes a toggle to switch between the classic dark and a new light view (pictured above), also now allows unfollow, block, and report spam actions to function for tweets in all columns. Features of new app are highlighted in a blog post on the TweetDeck blog, and the full release notes from iTunes are below:
• Redesigned UI
• Improved clarity of columns and Tweets
• New option to choose the app colour – dark or light
• Ability to change font size under Settings > General
• Redesigned & improved profile panel, including profile header images
• Unfollow, Block & Report spam actions now remove tweets from all columns
• Popup windows can now be repositioned using drag handle in top-left corner
• Repeated retweets are no longer displayed in Timeline columns
• Reduced the volume of the notification sound
• Tweet actions now available on Tweets in the Add Column menu
• $Tags are now linkified
• Fixed some display issues with Growl notifications
• Plus lots of other fixes and smaller updates
Calendars by Readdle: Readdle is re-launching its Calendars app that it calls the “most elegant and easy to use Google Calendar client available on the AppStore.” In other words, the app is now fully iPhone 5, and iOS 6 compatibility, fixing a crash some of the app’s 400k users had been experiencing.
-Snapseed now supports iOS 6 and the iPhone 5
-Flickr Support has been temporarily disabled due to a violation of the Apple App Store Guidelines. We are working with Flickr and Apple to find a solution to bring Flickr support back to Snapseed.
Recall: Launching today in the App Store, Recall is an interesting new app that allows you to store and get notifications for recommendations you have received for movies, music, apps, books etc. For example, you can search for and save movies to a “My Items” list, allowing you to receive notifications when a specific movie is released. The idea is to save items as people recommend them to you, so in the future the app will act as a quick way to recall those recommendations and get notified of availability. It will also allow you to share recommendations with other Recall users via email and social networks, as well as browse new releases and top charts. The app essentially works as a wish list for iTunes content and new movies with built-in reminders and sharing, features the App Store and iTunes on iOS are currently missing. A promo video for the app is below:
- Event Screen on the iPhone: event details in portrait mode
– Frame Reinsertion: enhance video recorded live after broadcast (fix choppiness due to network glitches)
– various stability improvements
- Project photos from your SlingPlayer onto a TV connected to your Slingbox 500
– Improved SQ picture quality with the Slingbox 350 or Slingbox 500
– Set reminders in the program guide by double-tapping future program listings
– Aspect zoom for both 16:9 and 4:3
– Redesigned user interface
– Due to an issue with iOS 6, HQ and Auto place-shifting are currently disabled with the Slingbox SOLO; this issue will be fixed by the end of October. In the meantime, please use SQ for place-shifting.
New in 6.2.2:
☆ More optimizations for iPhone5
☆ Enhancements for our Polish users
☆ Bug fixes
-Addresses compatibility issues related to iPhone 5.