Belkin just unveiled the market’s first third-party Lightning accessories.
The manufacturer said it will launch several new products designed for Apple’s Lightning connector this year, but today it specifically revealed a hardwired car charger for $29.99 and a Charge + Sync dock for $29.99.
The Lightning accessories are available for pre-order now and will become available in mid-November. Full specs for each product are available in the press release below.
- Missing all the features of Google Maps? Get them back in iOS 6 with these third-party apps (9to5Mac)
- Google has an iOS 6 Maps app awaiting approval. It is solely up to Apple to approve. (9to5Mac)
- More Maps: Developer hacks Google maps onto iOS 6 as Apple rumored to be poaching Google Maps folks (9to5Mac)
- Report profiles Google’s internal feelings over whether Apple will approve Google Maps app (9to5Mac)
Belkin Announces New Accessories for Apple’s Lightning Connector
All-in-one Car Charger and Charge + Sync Dock will be first third-party accessories in market
PLAYA VISTA, Calif., Nov 05, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Belkin today announced that it will launch two new accessories designed for Apple’s Lightning connector, a hardwired car charger and Charge + Sync dock. These new accessories will be the first third-party Lightning accessories available in market and are the first of several new Lightning accessories from Belkin that will launch this year.
“Belkin was the first third-party manufacturer to develop accessories for the 30-pin connector back in 2003, and we are thrilled to be first to market again with solutions for the new Lightning connector,” said Martin Avila, general manager of Belkin’s core division. “People are eager for Lightning accessories and Belkin’s give them a reliable way to keep their new iPhone 5, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini or iPod touch charged, protected, and ready to go.”
Belkin Car Charger for Lightning (F8J075) $29.99
– Updated version of Belkin’s best-selling, slim-profile car charger
– Hardwired 4′ Lightning cable included
– Over-voltage protection to protect device
– MFi certified
– 10 watt, 2.1 amp
– Available in Black
Belkin Charge + Sync Dock (F8J057) $29.99
– Cable not included; for use with Apple-branded Lightning connector cable only
– Foldaway AUX jack
– Cable channel for easy cable feeding
– Removable magnetic base
– EarPods audio-out port for headphones or speakers
Belkin has been a trusted brand creating solutions to complement the Apple ecosystem for almost 30 years. Beginning with its first product, the “Hamlet” printer interface back in 1985 to the introduction of the first iOS-based Wi-Fi home control product, WeMo, in 2012, Belkin is well known for creating innovative, market-leading accessories that enhance and protect Apple’s products. Belkin continues that tradition with the first third party accessories for the new Lightning connector.
Lightning accessories from Belkin are available for pre-order now on Belkin.com and will be available starting in mid-November.
About Belkin International, Inc.
To learn more about Belkin, visit http://www.belkin.com/aboutus/ .
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/belkin, and follow us on Twitter at Twitter.com/belkin.
Apple, iPad, iPhone, iPod, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.