Bme3BSFIcAA2jJQ.jpg-large

In a tweet, KCBS reporter Ron Cervi shows the groundwork of Apple’s new ‘spaceship’ campus taking shape. Cervi often tweets from his reporting helicopter and caught this shot a few hours ago.

Last time we checked in with the site, it was in the midst of demolition. In this latest photo, the circular foundations of Apple Campus 2 (Apple’s official name for the project) are much more defined. Apple is expected to start new building work at some point this year. The campus is currently planned to open in 2016.

15 Responses to “Aerial photo shows Apple Campus 2 starting to take shape”

1. Can not WAIT to visit.

Will def. be before 9-5 learns how to use cookies so we don’t have to keep logging in.

• herb02135go says:

I don’t see the huge piles of dirt that I saw there Sunday, nor the dust blowing around.
      No shots of the traffic that will be miserable once this project is completed.

• What a ridiculous comment. All the traffic in the area will be greatly improved once the project is completed. I bet you are just one of the few that use the road across the middle of the site and are pissed you will lose it.

• herb02135go says:

Mr Grey you are full of crap. Traffic doesnt get better by putting more cars in a smaller area. If the workforce is around the clock, maybe, but that’s not happening.

Mr Grey, I doubt you know the area like I do I grew up near it and am visiting family a kike away as I type The city rolled over on this, swayed by the cult of crApple.

You are probably on the payroll anyway.

• kc! Bradshaw says:

I think he actually flies in a plane, not a helicopter (based on some of the “wing” shots he has taken): See here: http://instagram.com/sky1ron

2. rettun1 says:

He often tweets from his helicopter? Is that really safe?

• Stetson says:

I’m guessing that someone else is actually flying the helicopter. It says he’s a reporter, not a pilot.

• standardpull says:

Nothing about helicopters are very safe. They’re generally considered the most dangerous form of travel, even more dangerous than motorcycles. It is really easy to get killed as your more apt to hit ground structures and more apt to die in the case of mechanical failure.

3. is not apples campus 2 is the newest Ken Block Gymkana

4. Amazing that we can already see the shape of the spaceship where they are going to build the foundations.

5. 2016 is a long way off and it may take even longer knowing how slow construction crews work.

6. Tallest Skil says:

Crying shame that Apple couldn’t buy those apartments they wanted. Imagine how much larger Infinite Loop 2 would have been if they’d had the entire plot.

• aeronperyton says:

Whomever it was that absolutely would not budge on selling that place is looking really smart right now. I imagine the cost of those units are going into orbit.

• standardpull says:

Or kicking themselves because they hoped Apple would give them whatever they wanted. Not too many employees are going to want to live in crusty high priced apartments across the street when there I’d much better housing around.