LinkedIn has been busy over the past few months redirecting its mobile and feature initiatives after it launched then pulled its Intro service for iOS and replaced its own CardMunch app with integration with Evernote’s business card reading feature.
LinkedIn’s news continues today as it launches a standalone iPhone app for dedicated to job hunting. The iPhone app is called LinkedIn Job Search and it joins the primary LinkedIn app as well as LinkedIn Pulse, LinkedIn Contacts, and the social network’s other existing mobile applications. The app takes advantage of location data and push notifications to keep job hunters updated with relevant opportunities based on a set criteria. LinkedIn describes the app as follows:
· Quick and easy search based on title, location, or keywords
· Recommended jobs based on saved searches, jobs you’ve viewed, and your LinkedIn profile
· Notifications when new jobs match what you’re looking for
· A super-simple application process using your LinkedIn profile
· Total privacy – your network won’t hear a thing about your in-app activity
For existing LinkedIn users, the platform probably already has all or most of your relevant data used when searching and applying for new opportunities, and the new iPhone app is positioned to leverage that information for making job searching on the iPhone much easier.
LinkedIn Job Search is available today on the App Store.