All the way back in January, we posted the first photographs of the back shell for the next-generation full-sized iPad with Retina Display. According to these photos, the next 9.7-inch iPad will look like a larger iPad mini, complete with thinner bezels. Since then, videos and some photos of the front panel and digitizer for the future product have also emerged.
- The display area is the same as the iPad Retina.
– The edges of the frame are narrower using the same style as the iPad mini.
– The ITO (Indium tin oxide) is the same as the iPad mini.
– There is now 2 connectors instead of 1.
– The connectors have been changed from FFC (Flat Flexible Cable, like the iPad 2/3/4) to FPC (Flexible Printed Circuits, like the iPhone 4/5).
Recent reports have pointed to the new tablet launching in early September. A full gallery of all the photos are below: