Orange denies iPhone actor claims

Orange has denied widespread reports it hired actors to queue outside of its stores in Poland on last Friday’s iPhone launch.

Controversy began last week when a news report – citing an unnamed Orange employee – said that the firm was paying people to stand outside of its stores. The story struck a nerve, with widespread reporting all over the internet.

The story wasn’t true, Orange told AdAge.com, which reports the official rebuttal as follows: "As part of the excitement around the launch of the iPhone, some of our team have been joining customers outside our shops. Their aim is to welcome people to the Orange shop, share in their excitement and give information about Orange tariffs."

The Orange spokesperson also revealed, "[iPhone] sales are strong and we are happy."

Whether Orange’s denial will be as widely-reported as the original claim remains open to question.

 

FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.


Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news:

You’re reading 9to5Mac — experts who break news about Apple and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow 9to5Mac on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our exclusive stories, reviews, how-tos, and subscribe to our YouTube channel

About the Author