Apple has unleashed a pair of important software updates, one for users of its professional applications, the other for Mac OS X server admins (whose numbers recently begun to swell on the release of the Mac mini server configuration).
Pro Applications Update 2009-01 is for users of Apple’s professional video- and audio-production suite, Final Cut Studio. Information on the update is available below.
Server Diagnostics 3X106 is a free package of tools that test your server for hardware issues. “Apple Server Diagnostics (AXD) runs a customizable set of tests to help you diagnose issues with server components,” Apple states. Components include the Boot ROM, Ethernet controller, fan, hard drive, memory, power supply, processor, sensor, USB ports, and the video controller.
“You can run AXD in Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI), which is referred to as AXD EFI tools, or in Mac OS X or Mac OS X Server,” the company adds. This software is available here.
About Pro Applications Update 2009-01
Pro Applications Update 2009-01 is a revision to Final Cut Studio (2009).
This update includes Final Cut Pro 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Soundtrack Pro 3.0.1, Color 1.5.1, and Compressor 3.5.1. The software addresses general compatibility issues, improves overall stability, and addresses a number of other minor issues.
Requirements to install all Final Cut Studio applications include a Mac computer with an Intel processor, as well as the following specs and software:
– 1GB of RAM (2GB of RAM recommended when working with compressed HD and uncompressed SD sources; 4GB of RAM recommended when working with uncompressed HD sources);
– ATI or NVIDIA graphics processor (integrated Intel graphics processors not supported);
– 128MB of VRAM;
– Display with 1280-by-800 resolution or higher;
– Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later;
– QuickTime 7.6.2 or later;
– DVD drive for installation;
– 4GB of disk space required to install all applications (Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, Color, Compressor, DVD Studio Pro, Cinema Tools, and Apple Qmaster);
– 46GB of disk space required for optional content;
– 9GB for DVD Studio Pro content;
– 7GB for Motion templates;
– 22GB for audio content;
– 8GB for LiveFonts.