BGR reports that the initial sales of the Verizon iPhone have failed to meet Apple and Verizon’s expectations. According to the report 550,000 Verizon iPhone 4s were pre-ordered and 30% of users who purchased a Verizon iPhone came from Android, 25% came from BlackBerry, and 14% came from an AT&T iPhone (that’s perhaps the most interesting statistic here).
The report also claims to have received sales numbers from five Apple stores comparing the initial sales of the Verizon iPhone to the AT&T iPhone during the same five days. Two of these stores are said to be “very prominent Apple stores.”
- Thursday: Verizon = 909, AT&T = 539
- Friday: Verizon = 916, AT&T = 680
- Saturday: Verizon = 660, AT&T = 471
- Sunday: Verizon = 796, AT&T = 701
- Monday: Verizon = 711, AT&T = 618
Did you get one?
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.