|TV compatibility||Addresses issues that may cause the screen to flicker or display incorrect color on some older TVs.|
|Wake from sleep||Addresses an issue where Apple TV may not wake up from sleep.|
|Audio||Addresses an issue where audio may not be heard on some TV models after switching from another input.|
|Stability and performance||Apple TV Software Update 4.2.1 includes stability and performance fixes for Apple TV.|
4.2.1 Direct Download.
- Snow Leopard 10.6.7 causing iTunes crashes for some MacBook Air owners (9to5mac.com)
- AirPlay video comes to first Apple TV with hack (9to5mac.com)
- 2011 MacBook Pro glitches causing display flickering, lock ups under heavy load (9to5mac.com)
- A5 Powered Apple TV 3 To Handle 1080p Video? (9to5mac.com)
- Apple TV unseats iPad for Netflix viewing hours (9to5mac.com)
- iOS 4.3 jailbreak: Apple TV version released, iOS device version in alpha (video) (9to5mac.com)
- PWntoOWN bug fixed in the latest 10.6.7 software update (9to5mac.com)
- Apple updates Remote.app to 2.1, adds AirPlay, Internet Radio (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
You’re reading 9to5Mac — experts who break news about Apple and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow 9to5Mac on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our exclusive stories, reviews, how-tos, and subscribe to our YouTube channel