Analytics company Localytics today published a report on the rise of the Verizon iPhone. In the July month, it accounted for 32% of all iPhone 4s purchased (AT&T is still selling iPhone3GS, and has the US exclusive on the $49 iPhone). That’s with AT&T’s 8-month head start.
It’s not all gravy for Verizon. Localytics surmises that the biggest selling point to US users was the ‘unlimited’ data plans…which end today.
Why the recent uptick in Verizon adoption? One reason may be Verizon’s unlimited data plan, which they are scheduled to do away with on July 7th. AT&T officially discontinued its unlimited data plan in mid-2010, although existing customers were allowed to keep their plan as long as they remained AT&T customers. We’ll continue tracking the shift in iPhone 4 market share to see if Verizon loses momentum post-unlimited-data.
It will be interesting to see the split on iPhone 5 when all carriers (including Sprint T-Mobile and others?) are equally pitted against each other.
- Confirmed: Verizon replacing unlimited smartphone data with tiered plans (9to5google.com)
- Analyst predicts Sprint iPhone by Christmas 2011, here’s why you should care (9to5mac.com)
- Verizon iPhone sales slowing down ahead of iPhone 5 (9to5mac.com)
- Ringke Case for AT&T / Verizon iPhone 4 for $8 + free shipping (9to5toys.com)
- WSJ: Thinner, lighter iPhone is expected this fall (9to5mac.com)
- Verizon kills unlimited data this Thursday, confirms new prices (9to5mac.com)
- Verizon to begin iPhone vs. 4G ad campaign? (9to5mac.com)
- Verizon iPhone hurt Sprint sales (9to5mac.com)
- Shammo: Next Verizon iPhone will be world Phone and released at the same time as AT&T’s (9to5mac.com)
- Verizon got a better deal on the iPhone than AT&T did? (9to5mac.com)
- IGg Holster for AT&T / Verizon iPhone 4 w/ $1 credit for $3 + free shipping (9to5toys.com)
- Verizon about to drop the iPhone 4 to $150? (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.