If all of the rumors are true, Amazon has a 7-inch “media tablet” that runs a forked version of Android and will connect to all of Amazon’s services, including its Appstore, Movies, TV, Music and of course eBooks. It won’t be true multi-touch but the rumored price is half of the iPad’s (just like the screen) at $250. Who is making this for Amazon? Foxconn of course.
Yes, it sounds just like a Nook (which is getting an interesting update soon) with a better backend store.
- DigiTimes: Success of Amazon’s seven inch tablet anything but given (9to5google.com)
- Amazon prepping Android-powered tablets for “hundreds less” than Apple’s iPad (9to5mac.com)
- A day later, Baidu signs up Dell to build phones and tablets powered by new Android-forked mobile OS (9to5google.com)
- Amazon testing mobile-optimized shopping site ahead of tablet launch (9to5google.com)
- Amazon prepping Android-powered tablets for “hundreds less” than Apple’s iPad (9to5google.com)
- Can Amazon tablet give iPad run for its money? (9to5mac.com)
- MLB ’11 goes free on Android through Amazon App Store (9to5google.com)
- Report: Amazon’s Kindle Tablet to cost $250, more details leak (9to5google.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.