An incredible new Apple store inside New York City’s landmark Grand Central Terminal – one of Apple’s largest stores in the world – is set to open this morning at 10am and already hundreds have queued up. The Fortune’s Philip Elmer-DeWitt snapped up the above shot showing staffers on the balconies above Grand Central Terminal and hundreds of fans stretching all the way down one track and part-way back.
The company will treat avid fans to cool perks, such as 4,000 black shirts with “Apple Store, Grand Central” spelled out in lettering, resembling a train arrival board. The Mac maker also posted the below press shot on its PR site. A dedicated page for the 23,000-square-foot store on Apple’s web site reveals the store work hours Monday through Friday from 7am to 9pm, 10am to 7pm on Saturdays and on Sundays from 11am to 6pm. Here’s a glimpse of the excitement.
The store’s extended holiday hours plus another video are right after the break. Our own Seth Weintraub is on hand so stay tuned for more updates, coming soon.
Here’s a two-minute clip taken in the Grand Central Terminal’s Eastern Passageway.
- Apple’s Grand Central Terminal Apple Store will open at 7 AM Monday-Friday to accommodate commuters (9to5mac.com)
- Grand Central Apple Store opening doors for business next Friday, December 9 (9to5mac.com)
- MTA says “bring it on” to state investigation over Apple Grand Central lease (9to5mac.com)
- Apple announces Friday grand opening for Grand Central store as interior shots hit the web (9to5mac.com)
- Spyshots of the new Grand Central Terminal Apple flagship store (9to5mac.com)
- Grand Central Apple Store employees told today that the store would have to wait another week (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.