Insanely Great Mac has put together a great video hands-on of OS X Mountain Lion’s new AirPlay Mirroring feature.
From what we can see in the video, AirPlay Mirroring for the Mac is a mostly smooth experience. Most users of the Mountain Lion beta will find an error message when they try to mirror to their Apple TV. You will need to install AppleTV 5.1 b2 to do this.
Apple says a software update for the $99 box is required.
We cover why Mac Airplay sharing is such a big deal here.
iPad Air 2
- Video: OS X Mountain Lion’s wireless AirPlay Mirroring in action (9to5mac.com)
- AirPlay Mirroring in OS X Mountain Lion: From the board room to the living room (and beyond) (9to5mac.com)
- Apple announces Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Developer Preview with deeper iOS integration (9to5mac.com)
- Here, Apple’s demo video for Mountain Lion (9to5mac.com)
- Here’s a list of things that Mountain Lion killed today (9to5mac.com)
- Did your Mac make the Mountain Lion obsolescence list? (9to5mac.com)