After a number of reports and tweets from across the Web announced outages for iCloud mail this morning, Apple updated its system status page confirming the outage lasted from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. PDT and affected approximately 12 percent—or 15 million— of iCloud’s 125 million users. Unfortunately, Apple’s iCloud Support page was not updated until after service was restored, which left most users in the dark as to why they could not access Mail and Notes during the outage.
- iCloud beta website reveals plans for Notes and Reminders web apps, affirms iOS 6 beta coming soon (9to5mac.com)
- Apple testing iOS-like notifications on iCloud.com (9to5mac.com)
- Apple throws MobileMe users a free version of Snow Leopard to update to iCloud (9to5mac.com)
- Apple disables iCloud and MobileMe push email in Germany due to patent fight with Motorola (9to5mac.com)
- HBO will soon allow iCloud users access to Universal and Fox movies (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.