Update: Commenters pointed out the update is not going well…so proceed with caution.
As Roxio’s Toast moves from burning DVDs and BluRays to a “media toolkit” that allows easy social sharing and converting of audio/video (as well as burning/archiving), it is also getting updated with new Macintosh features. Today, Roxio’s Optical media burning software goes to 11.1 and adds the following updates:
- Toast has been fully Cocoa-ized – Hundreds of changes and fixes implemented as a part of this effort
- Added OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion compatibility
- Added support for recording to 100GB and 128GB BDXL media
- Implemented Gatekeeper Support
- Web-Video feature improvements
- Requires using Safari to capture web-video
- YouTube users may need to OPT OUT of HTML5 Trial
- Mountain Lion users will need to update to 10.8.1 or later to publish video to YouTube
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.