Target just announced support for Apple’s new Passbook app in iOS 6. Folks can now use the Target app to send, store, and access Target Mobile Coupons in Passbook. Check out the press release and app changelog below for additional details.
Target for iOS version 5.5.1:
- Big screen, big savings:
- Now you can receive coupons directly in the app and scan them in the store. Check out My Target section to get started. Saving has never been this easy.
- Add coupons to Passbook on iOS 6.
- Filter search results by price, in-store or online availability, color and much more.
- Supports the larger screen size for the iPhone 5 and new iPod Touch.
- And the little things matter, too:
- Change the color or size of a product right from your cart.
- View ratings and reviews for Daily Deals.
- Fixes an issue with adding items to your cart. (Older versions will be fixed soon.)
- Airlines begin integrating Passbook for mobile boarding passes ahead of iOS 6 launch (9to5mac.com)
- Apple releases iOS 6 to the masses, now available over-the-air to iOS 5 users (9to5mac.com)
- iOS 6 App Store tweaked to promote a one-tap installation of free Apple apps (9to5mac.com)
- iPods likely to share the stage with iPhone 5 at next week’s Apple event (9to5mac.com)
Target Announces Support for Passbook on iPhone and iPod touch Guests Can Easily Send, Store and Access Target Mobile Coupons in Passbook
MINNEAPOLIS (September 20, 2012) – Target® Corp. (NYSE: TGT) today announced its support for Passbook in iOS 6 on the iPhone and iPod touch. Passbook is the simplest way to get all your passes in one place, and Target guests who receive Target Mobile Coupons can now easily send, store and access those coupons in Passbook.
“We’re thrilled to bring our guests the ability to use Target Mobile Coupons via Passbook on their iPhone and iPod touch,” said Phil McKoy, vice president, Target.com and Mobile Experience. “Passbook marks an exciting step forward as Target continues to seek the most innovative ways to deliver a great shopping experience to our guests.”
The Target app, where guests can now receive Target Mobile Coupons, is available for free from the App Store on iPhone or iPod touch, or at www.itunes.com/appstore
About Target Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT) serves guests at 1,772 stores across the United States and at Target.com. The company plans to open its first stores in Canada in 2013. In addition, the company operates a credit card segment that offers branded proprietary credit card products. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $3 million a week. For more information about Target’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit Target.com/hereforgood.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.