Walmart just released its annual Black Friday sales flyer for both in-store and online shopping with two Apple deals unwrapped.
The only in-store Apple deal is a second-generation iPad 16GB Wi-Fi model for $399. The tablet obviously does not come with a discounted price tag, but customers will receive a $75 bonus Walmart gift card with purchase.
The only online Apple deal is a fourth-generation iPod touch and bonus accessory kit in 16GB and 32GB capacities for $179 and $249, respectively. So, folks are only saving $20 if they purchase the 16GB flavor and zilch for the 32GB. Well, I guess the free accessory kit saves money too. Meh.
And…that’s it. Check it out:
More information on Walmart’s sales and event hours is available in the press release below. Oh, online shipping fees depend on customers’ selected options (more details here).
- Missing all the features of Google Maps? Get them back in iOS 6 with these third-party apps (9to5Mac)
- Google has an iOS 6 Maps app awaiting approval. It is solely up to Apple to approve. (9to5Mac)
- More Maps: Developer hacks Google maps onto iOS 6 as Apple rumored to be poaching Google Maps folks (9to5Mac)
- Lenovo Bluetooth Laser Mouse for $15 + free shipping (9to5Toys)
In addition to offering amazing low prices on the season’s top gifts, Walmart is taking the historic step to ensure wishlist items like the Apple iPad®2 are available for customers during a special one-hour event on Thanksgiving.
“We know it’s frustrating for customers to shop on Black Friday and not get the items they want,” said Duncan Mac Naughton, chief merchandising and marketing officer, Walmart U.S. “This year, for the first time ever, customers that shop during Walmart’s one-hour event will be guaranteed to have three of the most popular items under their tree at a great low price.”
One-Hour Guarantee: Due to the large quantity of product already secured, Walmart guarantees that customers who are inside the store and in the queue line between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. local time on November 22 can purchase the following electronics at special low prices:
- Apple iPad®2 16GB with Wi-Fi – $399 plus get a $75 Walmart Gift Card
- Emerson® 32” 720p LCD TV – $148
- LG® Blu-ray™ Player – $38
If any of these items happen to sell out before 11 p.m. local time, Walmart will offer a Guarantee Card for the item which must be paid for by midnight and registered online. The product will then be shipped to the store where it was purchased for the customer to pick up before Christmas.
Three Events – One Destination: This year, Walmart will be kicking off its in-store specials at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, followed by its big electronics event at 10 p.m. and a weekend full of savings starting at 5 a.m. on Friday, November 23.
“No matter our customer’s shopping preference – whether it is to stay up late or shop early –they will find amazing low prices on the broadest assortment we’ve ever offered,” added Mac Naughton.
A few of the top items available in store, while supplies last, include:
- 8 p.m. on November 22: Gifts for the Entire Family – Toys, Gaming, Home and Apparel
- Xbox 360® 4GB + SkyLanders™ Bundle – $149
- Wii™ Console– $89
- More than 100 video games priced at $10, $15 or $25 each
- Top Toys of the Season: Leappad® 1.0 Learning Tablet ($65) and Furby® ($45)
- Razor® Accelerator 12-Volt Electric Scooter – $79
- Fisher Price Power Wheels® Jeep® Wrangler 6-Volt Ride Ons (Hot Wheels® and Barbie®) – $89 each
- Licensed Boys’ and Girls’ 2-Piece Sleep Set – $4.50 each
- Mens and Ladies Denim – $9.50 each
- Home appliances such as a Crock Pot® 6-Quart Slow Cooker and Mr. Coffee® Programmable 12-Cup Coffee Maker – $9.44 each
- Shark® Steam Pocket Mop and Ninja® Pulse Blender – $39 each
- Fashion Dolls such as Barbie®, Bratz™ and Disney® Princess – $5 each
- Hundreds of DVD and Blu-ray movies such as Brave, The Amazing Spiderman, Hunger Game ranging from $1.96 to $9.96 each
- Better Homes and Gardens® 700-Thread Count Sheet Set – $19.96
- 48” Air-Powered Hockey Table – $29.86
- 14’ Trampoline with Enclosure and Bonus Flash Light Zone – $159
- 10 p.m. on November 22: The BIG Event – Brand Name Electronics
- Vizio® 60” 720p LED Smart TV with built in Wi-Fi – $688
- Samsung® 43″ 720p 600Hz Class Plasma HDTV – $378
- HP® 15.6” Laptop with 4GB and 320GB hard drive – $279
- Nikon® D3000 Digital Camera with Lens Kit – $449
- Samsung® Smart ST195 Digital Camera – $99
- Beats by Dr. Dre® Headphones – $179.95
- Nook® Color™ 8GB Tablet – $99
- Virgin Mobile® 3G/4G Hotspot – $39.88
- 5 a.m. on Nov. 23: Caffeine Not Needed – Great Savings on Gifts from Jewelry to Tires
- Sharp® 70” 1080p 120Hz HDTV – $1,798
- Acer® 13.3” Ultrabook™ with 4GB and 320GB solid state drive – $499
- $100 Walmart gift card with the purchase of select smartphones such as the Samsung® Galaxy S III, Droid RAZR M by Motorola® and HTC® One X
- Goodyear Tires ranging from $59 – $99 each
- Forever Bride 1/3 -Carat T.W. Diamond Ring in 10K Gold – $198
- Stanley® 6-Drawer Rolling Tool Cabinet with 85-Piece Mechanic Tool Set – $99
- Singer® Sew Mate 5400 60-Stitch Sewing Machine – $99.97
- 5” Pre-Lit Harrison Christmas Tree – $20
- Better Homes and Gardens Deluxe Recliner – $199
Their Price Is Our Price: The retailer’s long-standing ad match guarantee will also be in effect on Black Friday. This allows customers to match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product right at the cash register.
Map Your Black Friday Savings: Starting November 19, to help customers prepare and navigate the big event, a Black Friday local store map will be available to view and print on Walmart.com and local Walmart Facebook pages . Also, for the first time, customers can view an interactive local store map on their mobile phone via the Walmart Mobile App , enabling customers to click on items to see the price, product description and location in the store.
Black Friday Specials & More Online: Customers can get a jump start on shopping from the comfort of their homes with a two-day online-only event on Walmart.com starting early on Thanksgiving Day and extending through Black Friday. Walmart.com shoppers can choose free shipping to home on eligible $45 orders with Home Free or free store pickup with Site To Store and also use Pay with Cash . Savings on hundreds of the hottest gifts include:
- Samsung 50″ Class LED 1080p 60Hz HDTV – $698
- Ematic 7” Tablet Android 4.0 1GHz, 4GB – $49
- Dsi XL Ultimate Bundle – $129
- Razor A Kick Scooter, Multiple Colors – $25
Newly-introduced this holiday, customers who sign up for email at Walmart.com , like its Facebook wall or download the Walmart Mobile App , will be among the FIRST to get early access to special deals and information. In fact, these customers will receive exclusive, early access to purchase select Black Friday “store” items directly online at Walmart.com and via the Walmart Mobile App hours before they are available in stores.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Opening hours may vary due to local laws. Customers can check with their local stores to confirm event start times. Prices and items may vary in Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma and Puerto Rico. For more information on Walmart’s new one-hour guarantee please visit: http://www.walmart.com/1hourguarantee . The entire Black Friday circular can be found at www.walmart.com/blackfriday . B-roll and still images can be found at http://news.walmart.com .