9to5Mac has once again scoured the App Store for all the latest app launches, price drops, noteworthy news, and updates, and we have compiled everything in a roundup below. Check it out, but keep coming back as we continually refresh the list throughout the day.
1. The Croods Rovio, the brains behind the Angry Bird franchise, Bad Piggies, and Amazing Alex, announced on Friday that it teamed with DreamWorks to launch a new game for Android and iOS. The game, called “The Croods”, goes along with DreamWorks’ upcoming 3D and CG animated feature film of the same name, and it will hit the App Store for free on March 14. Get more details at 9to5Google or watch the video above.
1. KitCam | $1.99 Version 1.5.2 of this photo app includes a fix for Iris sometimes not opening when the app launches, as well as improved startup speed and various bug fixes.
2. Plague Inc | 99 cents Version 1.5.1 of this plague-centric action game includes the Necroa Virus expansion pack with a special Necroa Virus plague type, new apocalyptic challenge, active capabilities like ‘Zombie Horde’, and the ability to customize Necroa Virus with five new genes. The app also launched new user interface enhancements, support for Spanish, Portuguese, French and Italian, as well as new events, news, and achievements.
More apps and updates are below.
- Dropbox, Pageonce, War of Words, Skype video messages, Vendetta Online preview, and huge price drops
- Apple CEO Tim Cook on tablet market share
- HBO comes to Apple TV via AirPlay on the updated HBO Go App
- Apple CEO Tim Cook calls Greenlight Capital suit a ‘silly sideshow’
- Apple’s iPads are the hardest tablets to fix, but also need repairs the least
3. Draw Mania | $1.99 Version 2.460 of this draw-and-guess app got rid of the Valentine’s Day theme, and it added Instagram export support, optimizations, and bug fixes.
4. Eventbrite | Free Version 2.4 of this discovery app brings a new Discover view, the ability to connect with Facebook and invite friends, and event recommendations. Additional tweaks include:
- Mix it up and check out popular events around you.
- We heard you loud and clear—tickets purchased for you now show up in the app!
- Other enhancements and bug fixes.
5. BBC iPlayer | Free Version 2.0.3 of the BBC’s mobile TV and Radio app improved playback and download quality, enabled Airplay so folks can background the app and still stream content on televisions, and added various bug fixes.
6. Tweetlogix | $1.99 Version 2.0 of this Twitter client launched with universal support for iPad and iPhone. The update also added bug fixes, new features, and improvements, such as:
- Universal support for iPad and iPhone
- Equivalent feature set for all iOS devices
- Easily import iOS Twitter accounts
- Expand iPad web view to screen width
- Improved web view design
- Open in Chrome web view action
- Improved VoiceOver for iPad and iPhone
- Theme Designer support for iPad side bar colors
- Additional system-provided theme
- Improved tool bar design for tweets
- New timeline home button
- Support for Twitter 1.1 API
- Twitter 1.1 rate limit view (Profile > Twitter Rate Limits)
7. Tweetbot for Mac | $19.99 Version 1.2.1 of this desktop Twitter client added “Your Tweets, Retweeted” to the Retweets tab. It also warned users that the “Retweets by You” and “Retweets by Others” API calls were removed by Twitter in its API 1.1 update, so some people might need to choose “View -> Displayed Tabs -> Retweets” from the menu to get the Retweets tab back. The update also included various bug fixes.
In honor of this year’s “Hats Off to Reading” theme, the award-winning The Cat in the Hat digital book app is 99 cents (regular price $3.99) and The Cat in the Hat camera app is available as a free download (regular price $1.99). In addition, more than 40 Dr. Seuss apps are on sale ranging in price from 99 cents to $8.99 including classic books, short stories, book collections, cameras and games. The sale runs from March 1 through March 7 on the App Store℠, Google Play™, Amazon Appstore, Barnes and Noble NOOK Store™ and Windows Store.