Finish, the Apple Design Award-winning task management app created by a duo of high school students, received a substantial upgrade to version 2.0 today. The new version brings many visual tweaks and bug fixes throughout the app, but the biggest changes are the addition of several new, highly-requested features.
Tweetbot for Mac
The first new feature is the ability to set a specific time for the events on your to-do list. Rather than use a simple date and time picker like you would find in many iOS apps, the Finish developers created their own that seems to be much more efficient than the stock picker provided by Apple. The setting appears as an option on the existing task creation screen which means it doesn’t add unnecessary steps to your process if you decide not to use that specific feature.
Along with this option is a new “Bother Me” setting. Turning this on causes the app to notify you at the time your task is due and then continue “bothering” you by notifying you again every hour until the task is complete. This should help procrastinators who simply dismiss the initial notification and then forget about their task.
If all of these task creation options seem to be a bit much, Finish 2.0 has you covered for that situation as well. Tapping and holding the + button on the main list view will open a quick-add popup that lets you enter a title and add it to your list immediately.
Another of the biggest changes in Finish 2.0 is the integration with a service called Kiip. Kiip is a rewards system that allows you to earn free stuff by completing items on your list. Additional information about the program can be found in the app’s settings.
The update is rounded out by additional features like the ability to restore completed tasks, add notes to new tasks, export a backup of your list to your computer, or share links to your tasks on Twitter, Facebook, iMessage and more. These links automatically open Finish and add the task as a new entry so you can quickly share tasks among your classmates, developement team members, or any other group.
Finish 2.0 is available now in the App Store as a free update to all existing owners. New owners can get it for a mere $.99. The full change log and a screenshot gallery are below:
1. Task-by-task time setting! This has been our most requested feature by far, and we put a ton of work into finding the very best, smoothest, fastest way to let you set times for your tasks, along with extra reminders. We can’t wait to see how you put it to work!
2. Optional “Bother Me” reminders! This is really cool, and also highly requested. When you set a time for a task, you can flip on the “Bother Me” switch. We’ll remind you at the time you set, and then bug you every hour until you complete it. It takes preventing procrastination to the next level entirely.
3. Task notes! Easily add notes and extra info to any task in just one tap, all while we keep your list simple and uncluttered.
4. Quick-add: tap and hold the + button, and you’ll be able to instantly type a task due today. Adding quick tasks now takes only a second or two.
5. Super awesome task sharing: you can now share tasks via email, SMS/iMessage, Facebook, and Twitter. Beyond that, sharing will create links that anyone can tap and instantly add that task to their list in Finish. It’s incredibly handy.
6. Kiip Rewards integration: We’ve partnered with a company called Kiip to power some amazing rewards to help give you even more reasons to finish everything on time and put an end to procrastination.
7. Full task restore abilities: simply tap on a task in the Finished Tasks list to restore it to your tasks.
8. Export: email yourself a backup of all of your tasks in just a few taps!
And a ton more: Just about all corners of the app have been touched with visual refinements, animation improvements, smoother gestures, and so so much more.