Apple will be live streaming today’s launch event, first revealed by the Apple Events channel returning to Apple TV, the icon displaying the theme for the event and a message saying “tune in at 10 am for the live stream.”
The event will also be streamed on the web when it begins at 10am Pacific/1pm Eastern. As usual, live streaming requires Safari 4 or later on OS X v10.6 or later; Safari on iOS 4.2 or later. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 5.0.2 or later.
Details below of what we’re expecting to see …
- iPad 5, with A7 series chip and thinner bezel design, maybe with Touch ID
- Retina iPad Mini 2, likely marginally thicker, possibly with constrained supplies
- Haswell-powered MacBook Pros with approximately twice the battery-life and possibly driving 4K displays
- Launch date and pricing for OS X Mavericks (likely around the end of the month and approx $20)
- Launch date and pricing for Mac Pro (rumored mid-November)
- Possible refresh of Apple TV
We’ll of course be bringing you full coverage, including a live blog.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.