Adobe has announced its next major upgrades to its popular Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements applications, with each being bumped up to version 13.
Both apps add new editing features, such as “photomerge compose” for lifting subjects from one photo and quickly moving them into another with proper lighting and other effects. New cropping tools allow you to automatically compose perfectly cropped by detecting faces and other details and determining how to best frame them in the shot.
Premiere Elements 13 adds new features for stabilizing shaky video footage and quickly editing together a home movie, complete with audio, themed transitions, and more. Both apps benefit from a new “guided edits” feature that walks you through a variety of tasks within the software.
The updates are available now through Adobe.com and will be available later this year on the Mac App Store for $150 together, or individually for $100 each. Users who own the current version will be eligible for a discounted upgrade price.
Adobe Unveils Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 and Adobe Premiere Elements 13
Get Amazing Results with Advanced Technology that Makes Photo and Video Editing Quick and Easy
Adobe today announced the availability of Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 13 and Adobe® Premiere® Elements 13, the latest versions of the No. 1 selling consumer photo- and video-editing software. Adobe serves up a fresh collection of easy-to-use editing tools and guided techniques to help consumers achieve the results they want. Also new this year, Elements Live: a dynamic channel within the software that’s designed to spark creativity and improve user skills.
“Our customers don’t always have the time or the know-how to get the results they desire,” said Shanmugh Natarajan, senior director, engineering, core technologies and products at Adobe. “In Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13, we focused on developing tools that automate the process or guide customers through the steps to create the photos they’ll love and want to share.”
New Creative Features and Tools Inspired by Consumer Favorites
Adobe debuts features and tools based on the most popular consumer requests.
Photoshop Elements 13
- Better Photo Mashups – Copying people or objects from one photo to another is a consumer favorite and is now as easy as copy and paste with new Photomerge Compose. Used in conjunction with the new Refine Selection Brush for precise selections and Adobe’s Match Color Tone that automatically blends lighting and shading, the final photo will look as if it had been taken that way.
- Stand Out with an Innovative Facebook Page – Easily combine Facebook Cover and Profile photos with text and graphics to create an integrated layout that’s sure to get noticed.
- Black and White Photos with Personality – Three new Guided Edits add flair to black and white photos with pops of color or fine-tuning for a more dramatic approach.
Premiere Elements 13
- Minimize Time Spent Trimming Footage – Use Favorite Moments to mark the best parts of a clip, and then assemble them into a short movie ready for sharing.
- Introduce a Little Hollywood Flare – Add video footage to movie titles with Video in Titles or apply a blur or other popular effects to specific areas of the frame with Effects Masking.
Extraordinary Results in One Click
Personalizing photos and videos is even easier.
Photoshop Elements 13
- Fifty Stylish Ways to Customize Photos – Building on to the most popular enhancements in Expert mode, newEffects Variations offers four additional options per look for a total of 50 ways to tailor photos in a single click.
- Crop Photos Like a Pro – Improve photos with Intelligent Crop Suggestions, a tool that analyzes faces, horizons and other photographic elements to recommend four different crops based on the rules of composition.
Premiere Elements 13
- Steady Shaky Footage – The popularity of shooting video with hand-held smartphones and action cameras is at an all-time high but often results in shaky footage. With the enhanced Shake Stabilizer it’s easy to steady shaky video in seconds.
Elements Live Educates and Inspires
Regularly updated to deliver fresh content, the Elements Live portal serves up tips, tricks and inspiration from within the application. From how to get started to inspiration and tutorials on more complicated techniques, Elements Live is sure to excite with all the creative possibilities.
Creative Storytelling in Fewer Steps
Build engaging narratives with imaginative slideshows and videos, then share finished creations directly to social media or generate a private album for only the people that matter most.
Premiere Elements 13
- Produce a Perfect Tale in Minutes – Themes based on various occasions, such as Wedding and Birthdays, walk users through the process of building a compelling video. Video Story automatically assembles the clips, adds transitions and music based on the chosen theme for a polished finished piece.
- Transform Humdrum Into Something Special – From within the Elements Organizer, add photos and videos into a themed slideshow complete with transitions and automated music, or choose an MP3 from a personal collection. Slideshow will sync the pace based on the beat of the selected song.
Pricing and Availability
Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 and Adobe Premiere Elements 13 (Mac and Windows) are immediately available for purchase for US$99.99 via www.adobe.com and retailers such as Amazon, Best Buy, B&H, Staples, Office Depot and Campus Bookstores. Upgrade pricing is also available for US$79.99. The Photoshop Elements 13 & Premiere Elements 13 bundle is available for US$149.99, with upgrade pricing of US$119.99.
Information about other language versions, as well as pricing, upgrade and support policies is available atwww.adobe.com. For free training videos visit Adobe Photoshop Elements at http://tv.adobe.com/product/photoshop-elements or Adobe Premiere Elements at http://tv.adobe.com/product/premiere-express/#.
Education pricing for students, faculty and staff in K-12 and higher education is available from Adobe Authorized Education Resellers and the Adobe Education Store.
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Photoshop and Premiere are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
* Source: The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service (January 2007 to February 2013) based on units sold in the Video and Photo Editing categories. Combined units sold for Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Premiere Elements, and the Adobe Photoshop Elements & Adobe Premiere Elements bundle (U.S. only).