eBay announced today that it’s releasing a completely redesigned experience for iPad that introduces a new layout, larger images, redesigned notifications, improved search and much more.
The completely redesigned iPad app is available globally in the Apple App Store, and features a more consistent, simplified design that puts sellers’ products at the forefront and creates an engaging shopping experience for buyers. “Our aspiration is to make eBay the most inspiring place to shop,” said RJ Pittman, chief product officer at eBay. “This new experience is aimed at giving sellers the best platform to showcase their products and make it effortless for buyers to discover and engage with their inventory.”
Other new features include a new “Today” screen with featured collections, Google and Yahoo ad integration, redesigned seller profiles, and a enhanced search that Yahoo says will now “show you what you asked for, and also other items related to your search.”
To celebrate the launch, eBay is also offering a number of exclusive deals on iOS and Apple accessories through the app:
eBay for iPad Exclusive Deals
- Jambox Mini JAMBOX Bluetooth Speaker – $64.99
- 360 Rotating Smart iPad cover case – $5.75 to $6.95
- Monster DNA on-Ear Noise Isolation headphones – $69.00
- Micro bluetooth speaker – $12.99
- Beats By Dre Studio High Definition Noise Cancelling Headphones – $249.00
- Apple Airport Extreme Router – $138.99
- Apple Lightning cable – $7.99
- GOgroove FlexSMART X2 Bluetooth Wireless In-Car FM Transmitter – $39.99
- Seagate Backup Plus 5TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive
None of these prices are earth shattering, but decent enough if you’re currently in the market for one of these items. Keep tuned to 9to5Toys if you want to score Apple and other tech gear at all-time low prices.
The new eBay iPad app is available on the App Store now. A full list of what’s new in version 3.4.0 below:
What’s New in Version 3.4.0
- Browse through eBay-curated channels including, Today, Deals and Following, as well as Motors, Fashion, Electronics, and Collectibles.
- View item refresh – placing photos of products front and center
- Seller profile pages redesigned to place sellers’ products at the forefront
- Redesigned notifications with a new notification bell on the home screen
- New Search landing interface
- Google and Yahoo Ad integration
- An enhanced selling experience
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.