Misfit, maker of the Flash and Shine wearable fitness trackers, today announced a collection of partnerships that will extend Flash’s functionality to include limited remote control of certain apps and home automation accessories. According to Misfit, Flash — a coin-shaped accessory with an integrated accelerometer, button and small lights — will be able to work as a wireless on/off switch in the following situations:
- Start and stop a Spotify playlist.
- Wake up to an ideal temperature using Flash’s sleep tracker and smart alarm with the Nest Learning Thermostat.
- Connect to over 160 products and services via IFTTT, using a double press and other triggers to turn devices on and off, send stored messages, and send fitness information to an archive.
- Use certain Logitech Harmony systems to activate commands such as “Watch a Movie,” “Play Games,” and “Listen to Music.”
- Double press to send a message via the Yo messaging system.
- Unlock August Smart Lock and Latch doors.
- Change colors or turn on/off the Leeo Smart Alert Nightlight.
- Check the air quality of your room using Bitfinder.
Misfit says that the features are coming to Flash in March, which should be shortly after the release of Misfit Bolt, a $50 light bulb capable of being wirelessly controlled by Flash. Additional partners will be announced in the future.