As it announced last month, the popular drawing app Paper is now available for the iPhone. Since the app’s initial release in 2012, it has been available exclusively on iPad, but its developers, FiftyThree, say that the experience is just as beautiful and seamless to use on the iPhone as it is on the iPad.
Ecobee HomeKit Thermostat
Paper for iPhone includes nearly all of the features that users have come to appreciate from the iPad version. Images, text notes, lists, and sketches are all combined into the same space, which means you can quickly capture any idea that may come into your mind. There are a variety of photo features in the app, as well, including the ability to take, annotate, and spotlight images.
A whiteboard feature allows users to lay out ideas like “a wall of sticky notes” in the app, as well, making it easy to storyboard presentations and more. The app also, of course, works with FiftyThree’s popular Pencil stylus.
Paper also supports the ability to share your notes to PowerPoint, PDF, Keynote, and Dropbox, as well as various social networks. The full breakdown of features can be seen below:
- Text, Photos, and Sketching—Each idea has the option to take a photo, type a note, or sketch out your idea.
- Swipe to Style—A groundbreaking new feature that lets you create fast lists, bullet points, or headlines with a simple swipe of your finger.
- Photo Spotlight—A new filter that lets you easily spotlight the area in photos and screenshots that you want to call attention to.
- Sketch—All the power of Paper’s awardwinning tools to write, sketch, diagram, and graph are now in your pocket.
- Diagram—Paper recognizes and corrects shapes drawn, making it easy to create presentationready shapes for charts, diagrams, flows, and more.
- Grid View—grid view means text, photos, and sketches live together in a grid that shows you everything at once and can be rearranged into presentations, outlines, or storyboards.
- Spaces—Organize your ideas into separate Spaces that you can name and customize with a cover image. Make as many Spaces as you want.
- Universal App—Paper is a universal app that works across iPads and iPhones that run iOS8+.
- Pencil—Connect Pencil, FiftyThree’s awardwinning bluetooth stylus, for a faster and more natural way to sketch out your ideas. Sold at http://shop.fiftythree.com/
Paper for iPhone is free in the App Store and is universal, meaning that there is one app for both the iPhone and iPad.