Recently, we’ve seen a good amount of iPhone 7 rumors with everything from USB-C support to Apple potentially removing the 3.5mm headphone jack. It all sounds a bit crazy, but today we’ll get to the bottom of the rumors and discuss what’s actually possible and what makes sense. Big thanks to Jamf Now (formerly Bushel) for sponsoring this week’s episode. To find out what awesome cloud-based mobile device management can do for you, check out https://www.jamf.com/happyhour.
New episodes of Happy Hour are available every Wednesday. As mentioned, you can download this podcast via iTunes or plug in our RSS feed link into your favorite podcasting app. Send an email to email@example.com (or click here) and your question/comment may be featured in an upcoming episode of Happy Hour.
Note: iTunes (web interface and app) may still be propagating the new episode which could take up to 24 hours. Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Report: Apple plans to nix 3.5mm port on iPhone 7, require Lightning for wired headphones
- Report: Apple testing iPhone 7 models with USB-C, multi-touch 3D Touch, dual cameras, more
- Report: Apple to begin shifting iPhone displays from LCD to OLED in 2018
- New redesigned thinner MacBook Air rumored for mid-2016, perhaps including a 15 inch model
- PSA: Beats Music shuts down today, here’s what changes and how to move to Apple Music
- Apple Music streaming is coming to Sonos speakers on December 15th
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.