At long last PayPal has updated its iOS app with a completely redesigned interface that optimizes the experience for iPhone 6/iPhone 6s and 6 Plus/6s Plus users. PayPal announced the update in a post on its blog, detailing all of the new features, including a new start screen, improved Send and Request interface, new account info details, and much more.
The most notable change, though, is an entirely new interface. When you first open the redesigned app, you’re presented with a new start screen that offers the ability to quickly manage your balance, see recent activity, send money, request money, and quickly pay in-store. The activity feed has been redesigned, as well, and now shows activity as far back as three years ago.
The ability to send/request money has been streamlined with it being much easier to quickly find a contact from your Contacts app or enter a new one. You simply choose a contact, enter the amount, and send the money. When you request money, the person on the other end can now pay you with just a single tap.
The app icon has also gained support for 3D Touch, so now when you hard press on the icon, you can quickly jump into your activity stream.
The full changelog is below. The big story is obviously the redesigned interface that is optimized for iPhone 6 and above after over a year and a half. The app is available on the App Store for free.
What’s New in Version 6.0.0
- A completely refreshed design
- New start screen that provides faster access to your most important account info and the top actions you take
- Send and Request Money pages that can be personalized with the people you exchange money with most – including your phone contacts
- Completely new request money flow that allows others to pay you with just one click
- Greater account info including 3-years of history and how you funded your payments and the money you sent
- Yes, basically everything is new
(You’re welcome Kanye. Happy to support you in your creative endeavors.)